Doing Business in the USA
March 15 @ 2:30 pm - 4:30 pm
Access to an array of speakers that can support UK businesses with US investment aspirations. We explore the comprehensive operational support needed to establish, grow and streamline your US business activity.
Join this webinar, organised in partnership with Blue Link Worldwide and The Department for International Trade to learn more about what you need to know and plan for in your US expansion and tools you can leverage.
What we’ll cover
- Location advice – directly from the Jacksonville Partnership, Florida and the great US States of Indiana, Pennsylvania.
- When should I consider establishing US operations?
- When do I need to create a US company?
- Where is the best place to set up in the States.
- How long does US set up take and how much does it cost?
- How do I sell/pitch in the US as a UK/non-US company?
- How is hiring different in the US, and what’s the optimal US team?
- Does everyone really sue each other all the time in the US?
- How to establish a US team without setting up a company.
- Setting up a US entity and bank account.
- Recruiting and employing US talent.
- Streamlining back office processes.
- Ensuring compliance across state and federal tax regimes.
- When should I look to raise money from US VC’s.
- Welcome – Duncan Hoyland, Partnership Manager, Department for International Trade
- The British Chambers of Commerce & The Global Business Network – Nick Patrick
- US Stage Set – Dr Frank Levene, Principal, Blue Link Worldwide.
- Jackonsville Florida USA – Aaron Bowman SRVP Business Development JAX USA Partnership.
- Pennsylvania – Mr Richard Kilner- Managing Director, European Investment Office.
- Market Research & Market Planning – Mr Steve Lanier, President AWC
- The USA Legal System – Thomas Thorelli & Associates.
- US Tax – Nora Rothrock – Group Managing Director, US Tax & Financial Services.
- IP & Warranties – US Imperatives – Mr Simon Bradbury – Partner, Appleyard Lees.
- US Immigration – Karnig Dukmajian – Associate, Fragomen LLP.
- Questions and Answers – moderated by Dr Frank Levene, Blue Link Worldwide.
- Break Out – One-to-One Sessions – Will Morgan, Sheffield Chamber of Commerce.