Focus on the Chemicals Sector
July 8 @ 2:00 pm - 3:00 pm
The Department for International Trade Yorkshire and the Humber is delivering a series of sector events to offer insight into the opportunities in different markets and tips for overcoming barriers to re-entry.
The Chemicals sector is one of the most valuable manufacturing sectors in the UK and a key industry for exports. Chemical industry products can be found across all manufacturing sectors and the majority of consumer goods.
Exports of Chemicals from the Northern Powerhouse in 2019 were valued at £12.6bn (UK Trade Info) and, according to Chemical Industry Journal, the chemical and process sector across the Northern Powerhouse could grow by more than £20billion over the next 20 years.
Whilst companies in the Chemicals sector have largely continued operations throughout the pandemic, exports to certain markets have been affected and you may be keen to find out which markets are reopening and what opportunities are available.
In this one-hour webinar, you will hear from:
- Sophia Boukersi, Business Development Manager – Bioeconomy at DIT France
- Ayça Kilicli, Senior Trade Adviser – Chemicals at DIT Germany
- Alastair Gardner, Trade Specialist and Deputy Head of Chemicals in the DIT bioeconomy team
- Greg Barton, Managing Director of Surfachem, international speciality chemical ingredient distributor and DIT Export Champion
- Lydia Moi, International Trade Adviser
This event will cover:
- Inside market and sector knowledge
- An overview of current opportunities and challenges across the Chemicals sector
- A case study of a successful Chemicals business, its approach to dealing with the current situation and advice for exporters
- Q&A with all speakers
If you are a manufacturer in the Chemicals sector and would like to learn about the current opportunities available to you, join us on 8 July.