Northern Powerhouse Premier Trade Mission to India
November 23 @ 12:00 am - November 30 @ 11:55 pm
Location: Chennai, Pune and Mumbai
The Department for International Trade invites businesses working in advanced manufacturing/engineering with potential to offer innovative products and services to Indian buyers to participate in this Northern Powerhouse trade mission to Chennai, Pune and Mumbai.
The mission is aimed at advanced manufacturing/engineering businesses and associated technology providers, as well as educational and service sector businesses who can support the advanced manufacturing/engineering industry. The visit will provide delegates with an opportunity to visit three key Indian markets:
- Chennai is India’s leading city in the automotive industry, responsible for approximately a third of India’s total vehicle and component production; home to leading global manufacturers such as BMW, Ford, Daimler, Hyundai and Nissan.
- Pune is one of the identified manufacturing clusters in India, and is an educational hub.
- Mumbai is the commercial capital of India; responsible for 40% of India’s foreign trade; home to 10th and 11th largest stock exchanges in the world. It is also the birthplace of the Indian IT industry; home to the Indian Institute of Technology Bombay (IITB) – ranked by QS as the top university in India and a top 100 university worldwide for computer sciences.
Participating delegates will have access to the following programme activities:
- A pre-mission briefing and post mission follow up support session
- Entry in the mission brochure to facilitate networking
- Seminars, briefings and round-table events with industry and country experts
- Meetings with DIT overseas commercial officers
- Networking events in Chennai, Pune and Mumbai
- Support throughout the mission from experienced in-market experts