Northern Powerhouse tech trade mission to India
February 16 @ 1:00 am - February 24 @ 12:55 am
India is an emerging tech powerhouse and is the world’s second largest smartphone market and on course to become the second largest market for IT by the end of 2018.
The Indian Prime Minister, Narendra Modi, has embarked on initiatives such as Digital India (potentially worth £45 billion over 10 years), Smart Cities (£20-24 billion over 10 years) and Make in India, which are set to transform the Tech economy in India. With the UK-Indian bilateral trade in goods and services worth £18 billion in 2017, and seeing year on year growth of 15%, India is fast becoming an attractive investment destination with broad ranging opportunities for UK Tech Exporters.
- Meet with the CXO’s of key technology companies (within the Tech, telecom, emerging tech sectors), Government officials (State/Central government) and Tech experts, influencers across two key Indian Cities
- Unique opportunity to help with scoping the potential market for your solutions in India.
- Identify potential partners for your products or services
- Tailored programme of meetings and events with access to NASSCOM, India’s leading Technology & Leadership Forum
Who should attend?
The trade mission is ideal for innovative and future tech companies comprising of: Mobility, Cloud/Data-Centres, AI, VR, Big Data, and various other cutting-edge technology companies, providing new and innovative tech solutions across various sectors.
17th Feb: Arrival into Bangalore
18th & 19th Feb: Programme of meetings with DIT India & potential partners (Bangalore)
20th to 22nd Feb: Attend NASSCOM Technology and Leadership Forum 2019 in Mumbai, including strategic collaboration opportunities and networking meetings.
23nd Feb: End of mission. Delegates departing from Mumbai.
*Please note that this programme is subject to change*
- Please note that this is an expression of interest, eligibility to attend the mission is subject to criteria.
- The mission attendance is subject to a £275 + VAT charge
- Companies from the Northern Powerhouse (North West, North East and Yorkshire & Humber regions) may be eligibile for an NPH travel grant or local European Regional Development funding. Applications are made via your local international trade team