Northern Powerhouse trade mission to Gulfood 2019
February 17 @ 12:00 am - February 21 @ 11:55 pm
Join the Department for International Trade (DIT) for this Northern Powerhouse Trade Mission to Gulfood, the most important trade event in the global food and hospitality business calendar. With representatives and buyers from across the globe in attendance, this could be your gateway to winning new business in established, evolving and emerging markets.
Food and drink exports from the Northern Powerhouse have reached a total value of £3.17 billion in the 12 months leading up to the second quarter of 2018. This represents 5.4% of total exports from the region which shows the demand for quality Northern food and drink produce is out there and already highlighly regarded overseas. So, why don’t you benefit from this opportunity and expand into new markets by joining this trade mission.
Gulfood is an unmissable event with over 5,000 local, regional and international suppliers from five continents. DIT invites businesses in the food and drink sector to join them on this visit to Gulfood in Dubai.
- Visit to Gulfood exhibition 2019
- Meetings with food service and retail contacts
- Exclusive invitation to pre-mission webinar by Spinney’s retailer: Exporting Food and Drink to UAE – Tips from a UK Retail Consolidator
- Access to the UAE food and drink market trends report
- Group retail store/hospitality venue visits
- Opportunity to pitch your product to regional retailers, buyers and distributors
- In-market networking events
- Company profile in the Northern Powerhouse brochure
- Market briefing by industry experts from the UAE and MENA region
- Support before and throughout the mission from trade sector specialists
- Delegate networking dinner
- Upgrade privileges and discounts may be available through Emirates and Manchester Airport
The trade mission is suitable for businesses operation in the following sub-sectors amongst others:
- Fats and oils
- Health, wellness, free-from
- Pulses, grains, cereals
- Meat and poultry
- Power brands
There is a £299.00 (plus VAT) registration fee to attend the mission which covers all programme activities as well as transfers to and from the exhibition. Delegates are responsible for booking and paying for their own flights, accommodation and exhibition pass, but may apply for a travel grant with their regional DIT office (eligibility criteria applies). Discounted flights may be available from Emirates.
Register now and discover how export can maximise your growth potential.
Due to a limited capacity any expressions of interest will be reviewed on an individual basis and we will contact you as soon as possible to confirm whether your application has been successful.
Due to the popularity of the mission we normally only allow one delegate per company. Please contact us for more information.
For delegates intending to fly out from Manchester Airport, there may be a possibility of priority boarding and lounge access prior departure.