Northern Powerhouse Trade Mission to Ireland – Opportunities for New Exporters
February 8 - February 10
The Department for International Trade (DIT) is delighted to invite new and inexperienced exporters from multiple sectors across the Northern Powerhouse to join our Trade Mission to Dublin, Ireland*.
Ireland is a good place for UK businesses to start exporting for the first time, as business practices, laws, systems of finance and broader culture are similar to the UK.
There is a long history of strong trade between the UK and Ireland. Irish consumers and businesses are very familiar with UK goods and services and see them as high quality.
The programme includes: **
- Introductory reception with the British Embassy Dublin and Department for International Trade Ireland.
- OCO Global Ireland presentation:
- How to export to Ireland
- Opportunities/potential for UK businesses to grow in the Irish market
- Information on the 1-2-1 support available from OCO Global Ireland
- Opportunity for 10 delegates to utilise direct support from OCO Global in preparation for the trade mission along with a 1-2-1 meeting in Ireland. Delegates will receive a tailored export action plan for Ireland specific to their aims and needs. (This is a separate and chargeable service)
- Evening network reception at the British Irish Chamber of Commerce with like-minded businesses and support organisations located in Ireland
The mission is a great opportunity for companies, who are new to trading overseas, to explore their potential in Ireland and establish connections with in-market contacts.
Registration Fee: £99, non-refundable (Delegates are responsible for booking and paying for their own travel and accommodation). Please note – Only one delegate per company can attend.
1-2-1 OCO Global Ireland Support: £250.00 (This opportunity is for a maximum of 10 delegates).
Eligible SMEs may qualify for financial support towards the cost of flights and accommodation – please speak to your local DIT team for information on the financial support that may be available.
- be based in the UK Northern Powerhouse region
- have either never exported or have very minimal export experience
- be an SME
*Subject to travel restrictions
**Programme is provisional and may be subject to change