Through the Exporting for Growth* programme you can access match-funded grants to help you expand your international sales and grow your business overseas.
Exporting for Growth is aimed at companies wanting to develop their international business or get started with international trade. In addition to the funding, companies will receive impartial and tailored advice from one of our International Trade Advisers who will be happy to assist you throughout the process and project.
Eligible businesses can apply for a minimum of £1000 as part of the Exporting for Growth programme which is match funded and can be used for various projects.
What can the funding be used for?
Some examples include:
- Design and production of international marketing material
- Internationalisation of website including translations
- International private sector market research
- Consultancy services such as interpreting, IP, cultural and language training
- Flights and accommodation to agreed target markets
- Overseas trade events entry and exhibition costs
Companies who have already used the funding have reported some great success and 90% of businesses who haven been questioned in a recent survey have seen internationalisation commercial benefits, either more quickly, by a larger scale or both, than had they not worked with us. 73% of businesses who received support through the project have also already achieved new export orders or will achieve them imminently. Need more reasons why you should apply? Read about the survey results and what companies have said about the programme here. **
In order to receive the funding, the businesses must meet certain criteria.
Is your business eligible?
- The company must be located in the Sheffield City Region or Leeds City Region
- Be a small or medium sized enterprise (SME) with up to 250 employees
- No more than 25% of the business is owned by an enterprise which is not a SME
- Annual turnover does not exceed €50 million or annual balance sheet does not exceed €43 million
- Must create at least one full time job role
*Enterprise Growth Solutions, in partnership with the Department for International Trade is delivering the contract for the European Regional Development Fund (ERDF), which provides £5 million of funding for first time, but also experienced exporters as part of the Exporting for Growth programme.
** Independent research conducted by Kada Research on behalf of Enterprise Growth Solutions.